Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Slice of Life by Xhonatan Mezini

Math in the Morning

Once I arrive to the math class I see around ten people sitting by Mr. Lynch's desk asking him how to us Pythagoras theory. The first thought that came to my mind is Asquared + Bsquared = Csquared. I get to a particular desk, and then ask Mr. Lynch if I can go to my locker, as usual he says hurry up. As I walk to my locker I think about all the things we may do in math class, and how mad Mr. Lynch will get when he sees students not doing their homework properly. As I arrive to my locker I got all my books for my first three classes, so that I do not have to go to my locker at 8:00. As I realize that today is a day 3 I recalled that I had math last period, right before gym. I said to myself that there is no better way to end the school day. As I arrive to the math class, everyone there is asking Mr. Lynch questions about their homework, but I am probably the only one who is there to help others, and just relax before the day starts.


As I being to relax and start to close my eyes, I hear two or three students coming to me for help. As I open my eyes I realize that they are from my math class and that they need help on the homework. I help them as usual trying not to give them the answer, but making them work for it, and I think this is how everyday starts for me.


4 comments:

  1. Good story. I would like that you would add more to the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story. Give more on the ending and be specific on when this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice
    a)it is a-squared TIMES b-squared is c-squared
    b)don't say "I think" at the end

    ReplyDelete
  4. As James said don't say I think, maybe instead say this is how, or this really is how.

    ReplyDelete