Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Slice of Life by Ryan Schmitt

Airsoft Ambush

Sitting in my basement alone at eight o’clock on a Friday night, bored out of my mind I actually considered going to sleep. I was probably an hour from doing so when my friend called me.

"Dude, where are you?"

"Um….. Sitting in my basement. Why?"

"Dude, you gotta come over right away!"

With a sigh I thought to myself that I should be used to Jacen’s antics by now.
"Does your life depend on me coming over?"

"That depends will my answer affect you coming over or not?"

"No, not at all."

"Ok, then no."

"Alright you have fun then."

"Wait so you’re not coming over?"

"Nope."

"Why?"

"Look at your clock and tell me what time it is."

"Uh…….. It’s eight."

"Yeah. Now do you think my mom will let me out of my house at eight o’clock at night?"

"There’s a chance."

"Fine I’ll be right back."

I went upstairs expecting that my mom would say no but in some weird turn of events she said yes but told me to call her when I got to Jacen’s house.

As I was walking over I kept thinking that as soon as I got up to his door, something would happen but I only thought about it for a few seconds.

I went up to his door and started to knock. After a few minutes with no answer I was a second away from calling him when he and three other kids jumped out of the bushes with airsoft guns and began pelting me. And during the whole event the only thing I kept thinking was that I should have stayed home.

4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite piece that you have written all year, Ryan. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was well writen and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is good and stuff becasue it's funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with ante, this is a well written story. I am surprised that they would just shoot you though

    ReplyDelete